We are always looking for fresh and original pieces from writers at home and abroad. Whether you are a psychology undergrad or a qualified IT consultant, if you write short fiction, we want to hear from you!
Please familiarise yourself with our submission criteria below:
Short Story Submissions
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as Microsoft Word attachments.
- Please put “Literary Submission – Your Full Name” in the subject line.
- Ideally, submissions will be no more than 3,000 words. We may consider publishing longer pieces in instalments.
- In the body of the email, please include your contact details, country of origin, social media handles and a short bio (100 words max). The bio will be published along with your submission so feel free to make it as creative as you wish.
- We accept submissions that have been published on personal blogs. Please email a link to your blog following the above instructions.
- All rights remain with the author.
We read absolutely every submission so please be advised that there may be a short turn-round period. Our team will review submissions as efficiently as possible and you will be duly notified before publication.
A picture can say a thousand words. This is precisely why we encourage visual submissions from photographers and artists alike. Due to the nature of AFREADA it is important that your visual pieces tell a story of their own.
- All submissions must be original and sent to email@example.com as high-resolution JPG or PNG attachments.
- Please put “Visual Submission – Your Full Name” in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, please include your contact details, social media handles, and the title(s) of the art piece(s).
- You are free to send us as many submissions as you wish.
- All rights remain with the artist.
We look forward to receiving your work!